Thursday, January 20, 2011

Activity 1 1/20/2011 Experimental design and conclusion

Reflect on the expansion of water and salt water experiments you and your classmates performed. What are some of the interesting results and struggles with this experiment.

The experiment with water and salt water was fairly easy and the outcome was easy to observe and report my findings on. I had done the experiment a little different then some people in the class. I tested the water expansion and how long it took the water to freeze based on how much salt was in it. Although, I did not report my findings on the time factor I still learned that salt water takes longer to freeze. The struggle with the experiment was probably taking the temperature I was unable to keep the thermometer inside of the cups becausee my freezer was not big enough. So I had to keep taking temperature periodically as time progressed and was unable to take temperatures once the water was fozen.

Relate your thoughts on this experiment to the scientific question "Is the earth warming?"
 
The debate of the earth warming or not warming has gone on for a long time, there have been movies and numerous of people talking about this question. From what I have heard and read for my self, evidence proves that the earth is in fact warming due to the increase in greenhouse gases. Although, in my personal opinion it's freezing outside and I highly doubt that we should be very concerned about the earth warming. Based on my classmates reportings of the experiments they conducted the waters that they tested froze outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment